4 Key Signals That Your Wellness Marketing is Not Working & What You Can Do
Today, I will share some truth bombs when it comes to marketing your wellness business. I will then give you 4 key signals that your wellness marketing is not working and what you can do about it. I don't care if you are a health coach, wellness coach, yoga teacher, nutritionist, or any other wellness entrepreneur. These apply to you if you want to get high quality leads. Let's start.
- A beautful, modern, and fast loading website is just the first step of your wellness business. It is a must, but it is only one of your success factors.
- Before you build your website, you must have a marketing plan that includes your target market, niche, value proposition, core offer, brand identity, and a differentiation strategy.
- After those two components, you must have a conversion strategy. How will you get high quality leads? What distribution channels are key for your services? What does your lead generation funnel look like? Do you understand how to nurture your leads? What marketing automation tools are you using for email marketing?
- You need a content marketing plan to optimize your SEO (visibility on Google). You can't just write great blogs--you must use the right keywords so your blogs get seen. This means some basic SEO training should be a part of your strategy. You need a conversion roadmap.
- A large social media following is a vanity metric. It will not, on its own, fill up your client roster. Stop chasing vanity numbers without a strategy. You are wasting your time.
- Marketing IS complicated and it's okay to admit you are overwhelmed. I have an MBA with a thesis in marketing and even I get overwhelmed from time to time.
- But...and you may have seen this one coming, you must learn how to be a digital marketer for your wellness business to be successful. Some skills today are a must--especially if you are just starting out and can't afford to hire a team of experts. It's on you. And, it's hard work! And sleepless nights. And grit. And, it's your fastest route to success.
Now, that we have that out of the way, I want to share an infographic I created recently as part of my collaboration with Making Lemonade. I hope, it gives you some insight on how to be a better wellness marketer. Because I know if you put your heart and soul into learning some key skills, it will transform your business.
You can download a full PDF here.